Welcome to Suri
A simple, lightweight and powerful theme for WordPress.
- Beautiful and neatly structured theme without any unnecessary elements.
- Precisely coded by following all WordPress coding standards.
- Lightweight and mobile first theme built with extensibility in mind.
- Built with SEO best practices to ensure your content is more discoverable.
- Remove barriers from accessing websites for keyboard users and people with disabilities.
- Written from scratch. That’s why it does not have bloated codes.
- Requires at least: WordPress 4.1+ ( Theme Logo available only for WordPress 4.5+ )
- PHP required : PHP 5.3+
- IE browser support: IE8+
- Tested up to: WordPress 4.6
- Latest version: 0.2.2
Suri is a free WordPress theme designed by Surendra Mohnot. You can freely use, modify or redistribute it under the the terms of the GNU GPL v2.0 or later.
License Information of bundled third party resources are as follows,
- HTML5 Shiv v3.7.0 | Alexander Farkas | MIT/GPL2 Licensed
- Normalize.css | Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal | MIT License
- Genericons icon font | Automattic.com | GNU GPL v2.0 or later
- Images used for screenshot.png are licensed under cc0 which is compatible to GPL.
What has changed in last revision
Last version of Suri was 0.2.4 and it was released on Dec 27, 2016. It had following changes,
- Removed support for versions lower than WordPress 4.2
- Removed support for IE8. Theme now only support IE9+.
- Use of ‘wp_script_add_data’.
- Add preconnect for Google Fonts.
- Moved backward compatibility functions in a class.
- Introduced plugin support class to fecilitate theme integration with various popular plugins.
plugin support provided for Jetpack, WooCommerce, Breadcrumbs, WP PageNavi and Easy Google Fonts.
What will come in next revision
Next version of Suri theme will be 1.0.0 and will be released latest by Feb 24, 2017.